We asked 17 students what their biggest startup fears were.
1. Failing miserably.
2. Someone copying your idea, and doing it better than you.
3. Manufacturing…. Anything.
4. FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS.
5. Realizing your financial projections are utter bull-shit.
6. The University claiming they own your idea.
7. Being so engulf/dedicated that I lose touch with loved ones.
8. Leaving my old job to pursue [my startup] full-time.
9. Stuck with a bad partner or having to fire someone you care about.
10. Getting into a bad deal.
11. I don’t know how to do x, y, or z about a business (website building, marketing, pitching).
12. Moving forward without having a solid plan.
13. No safety net (monetary).
14. Not being happy in the end, after investing and pursuing.
15. Not being good enough/having what it takes.
16. Being rejected/having idea rejected by a lot of people at once.
17. Never actually giving my idea (or myself) a real chance.